The following outline corresponds to the strategic plan voted into effect by the Board of Directors in November 2020. It is the result of over a year of collaborative work facilitated by the Marillac Mission Fund’s Capacity Building program and conducted by the Board of Directors, key staff, and outside consultants including Dr. Nesa Joseph and New Chapter Coaching. The plan goes into effect January 2021 with the Board of Directors receiving quarterly comprehensive updates on progress toward all established objectives. Each objective is linked to action items, completion dates, performance measures, resources required, and staff responsible, which are omitted here for the sake of readability.
Bilingual International Assistant Services
Strategic Plan: 2021-2023
Strategic Priority Area One: Business Continuity
Strategic Question: How can we ensure successful continuity of leadership and services during a period of rapid change and instability in the service sector?
1. Finalize succession plan for Executive Director and all other key positions by year end 2021.
2. Finalize robust contingency plans to ensure continuity of client services in times of emergency by year end 2021.
Strategic Priority Area Two: Funding
Strategic Question: How can we feasibly diversify our revenue while staying true to our mission?
1. Increase Language Services net revenue by 20% by year end 2023.
2. Maintain or increase our current level of revenue from private pay immigration legal services.
3. Generate revenue from insurance billing for counseling
STEP 1: Establish Medicaid and managed care providers’ insurance billing and process by year end 2021.
STEP 2: Establish private insurance billing and process by year end 2023.
4. Increase sponsorships/ donations from individuals and corporations to 5% of total revenue by year end 2023.
Strategic Priority Area Three: Workforce
Strategic Question: How can we improve the employee experience and establish the agency as one of the most desirable employers in the sector?
1. Decrease annual staff turnover rate to 20% or less.
2. Increase staff satisfaction with professional development support to 85% within the next three years.
3. Secure more appropriate physical office environment within three years.
4. Improve average employee engagement score to over 80% based on Engagement Survey response by January 2022.
Strategic Priority Area Four: Client Services
Strategic Question: How can we expand key services and move past grant-based eligibility to provide same?
1. Expand the scope, capacity, and availability of access of Project Safe Space to serve 20% more clients by year end 2023.
2. Increase eligibility and access to senior services for residents of St. Louis County and surrounding areas.
3. Expand access to agency adult mental health services
Strategic Priority Area Five: Community Awareness
Strategic Question: How can we effectively raise the agency profile and bring more attention to the critical work we do?
1. Cross-cutting Objective: Recruit and hire a Marketing and Development staff member by June 30, 2021.
1a. Focus Objective of Position: Increase newsletter audience engagement by 25% over the next three years.
1b. Focus Objective of Position: Increase mainstream visibility and general awareness of BIAS in print, digital, and other media within the St Louis region by 25% over the next three years.
1c. Focus Object of Position: Increase social media footprint and user engagement by 25% over the next three years.
2. Revamp agency website to meet necessary expectations for user and employee engagement by June 30, 2021.