Full-time Social Services Coordinator to lead growing Social Services department in an established immigrant and refugee services nonprofit. Agency social services are primarily offered to immigrants and refugees in the St. Louis area, and the agency functions as the state-funded naturalization services provider for older adults. Agency also operates Missouri’s first designated multicultural Senior Center and is recognized as a leader in culturally appropriate senior services.
Successful candidate will possess clinical license (social work track preferred) and have minimally 2 years of prior supervision experience and 5 years of direct practice. The Social Services Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Oversee social service programming, ensure reporting and compliance across various projects, and participate in the ongoing development of new revenue sources and services for identified clientele.
- Provide direct oversight for 7 case workers and senior center staff within the department with a focus on older adults. Advanced knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare, federal, and state social services is required.
- Direct staff assistance to foreign-born individuals with access to a variety of programs, including SNAP, LIHEAP, Circuit Breaker, and Medicare, among others.
- Monitor and oversee electronic health record reporting for the department (Efforts to Outcomes) and must be willing to train on the software to ensure reporting
- Represent the agency locally and state-wide in collaborations designed to improve services for clientele.
- Ensure Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services adherence, oversee compliance with paperless reporting system, and manage ongoing quality improvement efforts for clinical agency operations.
- Assist with financial oversight for the department, delivering identified services and meeting programmatic goals within project budgets, and will participate in the grant management process from initial request through final reporting.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university.
- Clinical license
- Licensure must be active and in good standing with respective Licensing Board in Missouri. Must adhere to licensure ethics and regulations and meet all in-service training/education required to maintain licensure. (strongly desired, may accept a combination of adjacent qualifications and relevant experience)
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and a Motor Vehicle Check, and access to reliable personal transportation.
- Successful completion of criminal background check.
- Ability and desire to work in a highly diverse, fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual language skills and/or familiarity with working with interpreters is a plus.
- Prior work with non-US-born clients and work experience in developing countries is preferred.
- Budget and fiscal oversight experience desired.
- Experience supervising practicum students desired.
- Database management and/or electronic health records experience highly desired
- Supervisory ability and leadership skills
- Cultural sensitivity and curiosity
- Social and communication skills
- Boundary setting
- Complex problem solving
- Time management
- Familiarity with using Google Drive applications (ex. Sheets, Docs, Calendar) and electronic case record systems
- Earned Personal Time
- Competitive Salary
- Standard agency benefits package (vacation, sick time, health insurance, short-term disability, dental, vision, elective coverages, licensure supervision)
Salary will be sector commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit their:
- cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.
***NOTE: Please reference the job title that you are applying for in the Subject line of the e-mail.
Bilingual International Assistant Services is an established and growing St. Louis based non-profit with the mission of ensuring equal access to health, mental health, and social services for all, regardless of national origin or language ability, through advocacy, education, and direct multilingual services.
Bilingual International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bilingual International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bilingual International expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bilingual International’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.