Position: Bosnian-speaking Case Worker, PT
Bilingual International has an opening for a Bosnian-speaking Case Worker to advocate for and assist the aging Bosnian population of the St. Louis Metro Area. Bilingual International employs Case Workers to serve primarily low-income, foreign-born individuals. The Agency functions as the state-funded naturalization services provider to older adults and operates Missouri’s’ first designated multicultural Senior Center. The agency is an area leader in provision of culturally appropriate senior services and assistance to foreign-born (and US-born) individuals with public benefits, care coordination, and case management. Our diverse Social Services team is looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for helping older adults.
Social Services Director, various Project Coordinators
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Connect eligible members of underserved ethnic or linguistic communities with available resources
- Outreach: Conduct targeted outreach in the Bosnian-speaking community to identify potential clients and connect them with available services
- Case Management: Complete assessments, develop service plans, and coordinate services with local providers
- Care Coordination: Review benefits checklists, discuss client needs, complete necessary applications for obtaining services
- Interpretation/Translation (as needed): Provide competent interpretation assistance to clients/caregivers as necessary, provide language assistance to other teams/projects internally
- Senior Center Group Facilitation (operations currently suspended): Organize and facilitate senior group meetings as scheduled with existing group of Bosnian-speaking seniors
- Project duties/responsibilities vary by programs to which Case Worker is assigned. Current Projects include: CARES Act Rental and Mortgage Assistance, Naturalization Services for Elderly Legal Residents and Elderly Refugees (citizenship program), Senior Center, Affordable Care Act Navigation, Medicare education and counseling, Medicaid reassessments, Emergency services
- Provide Social Services Director with timely data records, case notes, and paperwork pertaining to services
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Desire to help the community
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent Bosnian language proficiency
- Willingness to complete all necessary initial and subsequent training as required for performance of job duties
- Applicant will be trained minimally on Medicare, Medicaid, and utilization of agency electronic health record system
- Willingness to submit to state, local, and federal background and work authorization screenings.
- Independent time management skills; position has flexible hours and applicant will be responsible for setting and maintaining much of own schedule
- Reliable personal transportation (*Although services are currently being provided remotely, many clients are homebound or otherwise have barriers to transportation)
- Experience using or providing professional interpretation is desirable
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and take direction
- Proficiency in all major Microsoft Office products and a high comfort level with electronic communication
- Commitment to confidentiality and the core values of Bilingual International Assistant Services at all times
- Enjoyment of fast-paced working environments with a diverse cohort of colleagues
Some light lifting and filing is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technology. Stairs will need to be traversed in the course of position duties for any office-based work (once it resumes).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with an average expectation of a 20 hours per week workload. Hours of work are between 9:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Applicant will enjoy some flexibility in scheduling days/hours of work. Although part-time, this position accrues paid time off (vacation, holiday, sick and personal time).
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their:
- cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
***NOTE: Please reference the job title that you are applying for in the Subject line of the e-mail.
Bilingual International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bilingual International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Bilingual International expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.