On Christmas Day, Bilingual International Assistant Service will participate in the Jewish Federation’s Day of Giving, bringing Jews, Muslims and other individuals together to assist non-profit seasonal projects. Our agency will provide delivery of gift tote bags for 100 older adult households. Many of our seniors are foreign born, socially isolated and/or living at poverty level. Volunteers meet at our office on Christmas morning to pick up a route and gifts that will make the day memorable for everyone involved!
The gifts we provide are very meaningful to recipients because:
- We include necessities they cannot purchase with food stamps.
- “Luxury” items such as honey, jellies, teas and hard candy, and hand crafted hats, scarves and lap covers make the gift special.
- Lunch is delivered with the gifts.
- Deliveries are made by volunteers, providing a welcome visit from caring individuals and families.
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- Contribute 100 dish towels, pot holders, small jars of honey/fruit spread, bags of hard candy, boxes of mint tea
- Contribute through our website, mail a check or drop off cash to our office to help defray project costs.
- Help with deliveries on Christmas day, 11 am – 1 pm.
For additional information, please contact: Ellen Sherman, Volunteer Coordinator 314.645.7800 ext. 300