Individuals 60 and older who have demonstrated remarkable support to others or contributions to their community are sought as nominees for the St. Louis Minority Advocacy Coalition (MAC) 2nd annual “Seniors Making a Difference” Award.
Three older adults will be recognized at the 19th annual VillAGE of Many Colors Festival, October 6, 2016. The event will be held at the Electrical Workers Local No. 1, 5850 Elizabeth Ave., St. Louis, MO. 63110. Awards will be presented to “Seniors Making a Difference” in one of the following categories:
1) for an Individual, Family or Small Group.
2) in a Neighborhood or Community
3) as a Volunteer for a Non-Profit Agency
Eligibility criteria for nominees includes:
- At least 60 years of age and living in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area
- Has NOT received awards/recognition for volunteer and similar activities within past 5 years.
- Does NOT receive wages or compensation for “Making a Difference” activities.
- Activities began or continued after nominee turned 60 and during 2016.
Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by family or community members.
Nominations must be received by Sept. 22, 2016. Award recipients will be selected by the St. Louis Minority Advocacy Coalition.
For more information or to receive a nomination application, please contact Mary Wang: (314)645-7800: firstname.lastname@example.org.