You have the power, to help a person in your community, to assist someone in need today. Your donation will help us connect immigrants and refugees to needed services, assist the disabled and under-served, and educate service providers. Every dollar you donate enhances the quality of life for the clients we serve:
|Provides a professional notarized translation of a legal document for a citizenship application|
|Provides a socialization trip for up to 8 refugee children who participate in the Open Door program|
|Covers nutritious meals and transportation for 6 foreign born seniors|
|Covers the application for a family reunification|
- Senior Center Fund – Funding the continued work of our Macklind International Senior Center. $3/day provides a low-income immigrant/refugee senior with a nutritious, culturally appropriate warm meal cooked on-site at our Senior Center. Your donation of $100.00 will assure meals and door-to-door shuttle transportation to a group of 15 Limited English Proficient seniors.
- Immigration and Naturalization Assistance Expansion – This fund will provide services beyond the 250 permanent resident immigrant and refugee seniors currently served to include spouses/family members who may not qualify for project designated services. $150 assures complete legal assistance in application for naturalization; $250 allows for 10 educational sessions, and $700 covers USCIS application fees for applicants who do not qualify for a Fee Waiver but face significant financial burdens.
- Interpretation/Translation – Give Limited English Proficient clients a voice in their care; provide a professional interpreter for medical appointments, legal or benefits assistance, or any other situation where a provider is unwilling/unable to provide interpretation assistance. $50 will guarantee a client minimally one hour of professional interpretation and provide equal access to benefits and self-determination.
- Support to Refugee and Immigrant Youth – Open Door, youth mentorship program, provides socialization and
- Robert Trampier Fund – Alleviate the burden of non-covered client medical supplies and health-related needs. Low-income clients may qualify once per year, for no more than $100 in fund assistance. Fund is housed in a separate checking account and is entirely donation based.
There are Several Ways to Donate:
- On-Line: Donate on-line using PayPal by clicking the “Donate Now” button on the right. Upon receipt of funds, a printed receipt will be sent for you for your tax records.
- Mail: Send your donation to: Bilingual International, 1329 Macklind Ave., Suite 200, St. Louis, MO 63110. Upon receipt of funds, a printed receipt will be sent to you for your tax records.
- Robert Trampier Fund: This fund provides limited financial assistance to seniors in crisis through services like utility relief. It is in place to improve the lives and meet the immediate needs of the elderly in our community.
Why should you donate to Bilingual International Assistant Services
There are thousands of great charities and organizations in need of your help. Why donate to Bilingual International Assistant Services?
- YOU have the opportunity to make a difference for some of Missouri’s most vulnerable citizens, the elderly.
- ALL funds donated go directly to programs and services to support the elderly population in St. Louis, right here in our community.
- Bilingual International is a small non profit organization specializing in assisting the elderly, foreign-born, and low-income Missouri residents. Our focus is specifically on the senior community, who are often left behind or forgotten.
- SOMEONE near and dear to your heart is an elderly citizen. Make a memorial or honor donation in their name to an individual that needs your help! Many of our elderly clients are alone and in need of assistance.
- DONATING does your heart good. It feels so good to know you are making a difference for others, others that may not have the means to help themselves or a family to support them.
On behalf of the entire Bilingual International staff, our sincere appreciation and gratitude goes out to all of those that support our efforts to help the under-served.